AMERICAN ISRAEL PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Job Title: Regional Political Director
Location: Los Angeles
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) seeks a Southern Pacific Regional Political Director based in Los Angeles to oversee pro-Israel political activity throughout the southern Pacific region (Southern CA, Nevada, Arizona & Hawaii). AIPAC is a registered domestic lobby whose principal mission is to work with Congress on legislation that strengthens the United States and Israel. As a member of the Southern Pacific Region’s senior staff, the RPD is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Increase the political participation of the pro-Israel community within the region and train AIPAC members to build effective relationships with their elected officials
• Manage AIPAC’s legislative mobilizations within the region
• Provide senior level insight to the regional office and Political team
• Conduct educational briefings with candidates for federal office
• Organize and speak at political briefings in communities throughout the region to encourage active political participation
• Track and analyze local campaign activity
• Speak in public forums to educate and engage new and current activists to facilitate pro-Israel activism in their communities
• Provide oversight to Outreach Directors in the office
• Manage the daily activity of the Southern Pacific political department
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
• Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship and commitment to AIPAC’s mission
• Minimum of 5 years of political experience, working on political campaigns, Capitol Hill, or other relevant work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to juggle many different projects simultaneously
• A collaborative personal style
• Knowledge of Middle East current events strongly preferred
Manager: _______________________________________________________ Date: _________________________
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Please provide cover letter with resume to be considered.
If applying for more than one position please use the 'Attachments' function to attach position specific cover letter.
Please use your legal name when completing the employment application. (No nicknames)
AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer
Please use the following link to apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1071/JobBoard/0ef31e79-3786-dcf1-5756-...