Lead communications to support the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team. Manage a range of politically sensitive and highly visible constituent, member, state board of accountancy and state CPA society communications for the team. Ensure integrated, results-driven and leading edge efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare annual strategic communications plans and manage against them to make sure that results are met and outcomes achieved by planning, supporting and executing communications initiatives.
· Manage the team's outreach to key constituencies.
· Oversee development and distribution of state-level legislative and regulatory information to all internal and external communication contacts, and AICPA member service.
· Manage a wide range of highly political and complex relationships and serve as a primary point of contact with joint profession working groups.
· Manage and maintain the website(s) of the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team.
· Contact content owners periodically for updates.
· Clarify or add additional information based on stakeholder queries/requests.
· Manage special projects or content on behalf of the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team, such as newsletters or content for newsletters (e.g., The CPA Advocate), webinars, videos, articles, reports, draft press releases, speeches, and e-communications.
· Create/update PowerPoint presentations on behalf of the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team.
· Oversee research.
· Produce social media for the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team within broader AICPA social networking initiatives.
· Actively participate in regular meetings with the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team and Communications Team and relay relevant information between the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team and the Communications Team.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Timely and accurate distribution of publications
· Successful internal and external relationships
· Current and relevant website content
· Stakeholder feedback
· Timely delivery of high-quality strategic and tactical communications plans
· Successful deployment and execution of social media strategy, measured by awareness and engagement
· Message alignment across communications channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· High quality generalist, with communications skills and expertise. Ability to develop comprehensive, integrated communications plans
· Superb writing, presentation, interpersonal and project management skills
· Effective execution and management of communications efforts, including development of plans and tactics and coordination with the State Regulatory and Legislative Affairs Team, the Communications department, other AICPA staff, and various profession stakeholders
· Ability to work on confidential and sensitive programs with great integrity and accountability
· Expertise in social media strategy and implementation
· Ability to work independently and perform well under pressure to meet project deadlines and goals and resolve challenges
· Ability to translate technical information into user-friendly communications
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• 7 years’ experience in program management, communications or related field
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related field
· Knowledge of the CPA profession, state boards of accountancy, and state legislative and regulatory processes
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply please visit http://www.aicpa.org