Report: Fox News executives fear ‘more to come’

Report: Fox News executives fear ‘more to come’
© Getty

Executives at Fox News reportedly fear what is to come after it was announced on Wednesday that host Bill O'Reilly would not return to the network in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.

"There's more to come," a Fox News insider told Vanity Fair.

The comments appear to suggest there may be more women who have not yet come forward publicly with stories of harassment.

CNN “New Day” host Alisyn Camerota also said early Thursday that there is “more to come” at Fox News, where she worked for 16 years.

“I know a lot about the culture, and my friends there, there is a feeling that … there is actually more to come, that this isn’t the end.”

21st Century Fox announced Wednesday that O'Reilly would not be returning to the network "after a thorough and careful review of the allegations."

ADVERTISEMENT
O'Reilly's show lost about 90 advertisers after The New York Times reported earlier this month that five women were paid $13 million to settle sexual harassment suits.

A lawyer for O'Reilly said Monday the host bad been subject to a "smear campaign" by far-left groups.

In a statement Wednesday, O'Reilly called it "tremendously disheartening" to be parting ways with the network over "completely unfounded claims."

"But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today," he said in the statement.

Vanity Fair reported the newsroom reactions to O'Reilly's departure were mixed. 

Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch sent an internal memo Wednesday emphasizing the company's commitment to "fostering a work environment built on the values of trust and respect."